Sunday, January 13, 2013

Art Again

I had to share one more picture of our skies.  I meant to include this image with the first post but forgot.  That happens when you are trying to write and entertain your two children at the same time : )
I took this picture on my way home the other night.  I stopped at the gate to our property and captured another fabulous sunset.  During the fall and up until Christmas, my kids and I always look up at skies like this and say to each other, "Mrs. Claus is baking cookies!"  My kids love sunsets.

I was thinking this morning how we need to use these moments to teach our children in a meaningful way.  How many colors do you see in this picture? As parents we need to recognize what we educators call "teachable moments."  When we want our kids to learn something, there is no stronger way to imprint something on their little brains then to make it have personal meaning.  Seeing a sky that looks like this first hand (not just in a picture) is very powerful and memorable.  To connect learning to these times is the best way to help our kids become eager learners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment