Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Just Love People


I was in the post office yesterday and in front of me was this little old man.  In his mouth was a very large cigar.  I thought it was very cute and funny so I snapped a photo.  I blurred his face because he didn't know he would be a topic in my blog.  Anyway, these are the types of moments in life I absolutely love.  When I showed the picture to Geoffrey, he said that he had been in the post office several days before and this man was there then also.  That time he had obviously just finished his cigar because Geoffrey could smell it (a truly wonderful smell, glad Geoffrey smokes the occasional cigar - I love that smell).  Yesterday, he hadn't lit this particular one but it got me asking all sorts of questions.  What age did he start smoking?  How old is he?  Does he take it everywhere he goes?  I find people fascinating and I am always curious about their back story.  And before anyone criticizes an old man for smoking cigars, I am of the mind that when you are in your later years, you should be able to do whatever you want to your body.  The end of life should be about enjoyment and screw the critics.  As long as what you are doing doesn't hurt anyone else physically, live on.  If I reach my 90's, it will be ice cream, beer, and pizza everyday. Oh, and gin and tonics. Whose with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment